Friday, October 10, 2008

Exclusive: HTC’s First WiMax Device!

So early yesterday evening I got a rather cryptic contact submission here on nedge2k.com regarding a new WiMax enabled HTC device. Needless to say, this had me pretty excited. This morning, I got the pictures and some info…so here it is!

What we have here is the "HTC T8290" and it is due out on the Russian WiMax network, Yota, very soon - so I’m told. Some specs as follows:

* 3.8" 800×480 WVGA LCD
* GSM+WiMax
* 802.11g WiFi
* Bluetooth 2.0

…yes, specs are a bit thin on the ground but I’m told to expect more info soon!

So what’s so good about WiMax? Well, think of it as having ADSL2+ on your phone! From the pictures, you can clearly see this thing is connecting at speeds around 14meg, impressive!

More info as I get it. Many thanks to my anonymous tipster for this great scoop!

Resource - nedge2k

No comments: